Wednesday, February 9, 2011

NEW PROJECT: SEPTEMBER 2010



This project started during the summer, looking at the work done previously and trying to understand it in terms of DRAWING.

The intention was to understand the rust in terms of drawing, using the 'frottage' technique.

Exploring this technique, I started also to think how this could be developed in larger scale, also using other objects, bigger objects, everyday objects...





...starting with a TREE. I thought it would be interesting to make a reproduction of a tree trunk on canvas, using the 'frottage' technique.



The sarcastic title was inspired by the importance of HUMOR in art, being very influenced by the work of Marcel Duchamp and Joseph Beuys; but it is also fundamental to give to the viewer a certain direction, while looking at the work.

FINAL PIECE

"I hate flags, therefore, I made my own one"

No comments: