Saturday, May 14, 2011

THE BATHROBE



…and so I had an argument with Leroy Johnson, from Fame


This is the only piece chosen from my previous exhibition Control. The Bathrobe: the tangible testimony of a peculiar experience had more than 10 years ago, when I found myself having an argument with the dancer that during my teens was my idol, Leroy Johnson from Fame. All of this because one night, after various vicissitudes had already happened, I went home and he was there, wearing my bathrobe. Running between the representation of a fallen idol and the way of looking at things (and people) in very different ways, while years go by, this piece is created to emphasise the irony which surrounds our lives. I would also say that this is a fundamental piece within my career as an artist, because it has changed the course of my work within its composition, its meaning and its aesthetic appearance.


No comments: